Follow @troomtasty for more #tastyfoods 😋
🎥 by @tastemade
#chocolatecake #cakedecorating #cakeoftheday #instacakes #tastydessert #foodiesofinstagram #sotasty #soyummy #foodpornography #deliciousfood #instagramvideos #lifehack #doityourself #cakedecoration #boomboom #bhgfood #foodnetwork #tastemade #huffposttaste
600g milk chocolate, melted and tempered
750ml glucose syrup
750ml double cream
945g granulated sugar
375ml whole milk
1. Melt and temper 200g of the milk chocolate and pour into a 2 ltr ceramic pudding basin. Move the chocolate around so that it covers the base and sides then set aside in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
2. Whilst the chocolate is setting, place all ingredients for the caramel into a very large saucepan and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved stop stirring but continue to heat until the mixture reaches 115 C - this will take about 30 minutes, but keep checking on the caramel to check it doesn’t go higher.
3. Place the pan into a sink filled with ice cold water and stir until the caramel has cooled slightly and thickened. Pour into the chocolate covered mould and place back into the fridge for 4 hours.
4. Melt and temper a further 200g chocolate and once the caramel is set, pour over the caramel to create the base of the rolo, then set aside in the fridge to set for 1 more hour.
5. Turn the rolo out of it’s mould onto a rack set over a baking sheet -you may need to use a palette knife to release it.
6. Melt and temper the remaining chocolate and pour over the rolo, then, using 5cm and 2cm cookie cutters, create the distinctive circles on top of the rolo. Use a chopstick to create a small circle in the centre.
7. Set the rolo aside to cool for another hour until set and then slice to serve.