Just realised I’ve been posting a lot of brown coloured food lately, but I’m no gravy hater and all the best kinds of foods are smothered in brown sauces!! Anyway, here we go with some colour! This giant Israeli couscous is also called pearl or gourmet couscous, have you tried it before?! It makes a great addition to any salad! – N x 😘
Israeli Couscous Salad | 4 as main, 6 - 8 as side
2 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
½ small onion, finely chopped
250g / 8 oz / 1.5 cups Israeli Couscous (aka Pearl or Gourmet Couscous)
1 ½ cups vegetable or chicken broth + 1 cup water
2 cucumbers, diced (about 2 cups)
250g / 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
3 cups baby spinach, finely sliced
¼ cup EACH dill and coriander / cilantro, finely chopped (or sub with parsley)
2 tsp lemon zest + 2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup / 65 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove , minced
1 tsp sugar, optional
½ tsp salt + black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan or small pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, saute until the onion is translucent and starting to brown.
2. Add couscous and stir, cooking for 1 minute. Add broth and water, place the lid on and turn the heat down to medium low.
3. Cook for 10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is cooked through but still firm. Use a fork to separate the couscous, then transfer into a large bowl to cool. (Don’t worry if it gets sticky, it will separate when tossed with Dressing).
4. Place Dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
5. Add Salad ingredients into the bowl, pour over Dressing and toss. Serve at room temperature.
#recipetineats #ourplatesdaily #foodgawker #FoodWineWomen #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #thatsdarling #tastespotting#TODAYFoodClub #buzzfeast #bhgfood #huffposttaste #recipe #igfood #instayum #hautecuisines #huffpostgram #recipevideo #foodblogger #salad #healthy #couscous #dinner